Monday, December 16, 2013

God's calling.

Genesis: 3-9.  But The Lord God called to the man, "WHERE A YOU?"

God makes the first move, He takes the initiative - calling us, leading us to a place of rest.
It's not that we're seeking God, He is seeking us. God is longing for us - to have us..

God's cry to Adam and Eve, "Where a you" this tells us that God is longing for us.  Are we longing for Him?  He feels lonely when He is separated from those He loves.  Some writers say that the whole Bible is about the "loneliness of God."

I like the thought that in some way God misses me, that He can't bear to be separated  from me, that I am always on His mind, He always looks for me "where A You?"  Deep within  us is a place for God.
We were made for God and without His love we ache in loneliness and emptiness.

It is now neither duty nor discipline that I impose on myself like hundred push-ups and hundred sit-ups each day - but a response, an answer to one who has been calling me all my life.

Lydiaelijah.

No comments:

Post a Comment